From:
Helen Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 19:00:51 +0100
Hi

Few days ago I asked if anyone knew about ferrets ears getting blue and soar
after using eardrops against earmites.  The eardrops are called Oterna, they
from Pitman-Moore Ltd England, on the bottle it says including:
BetsmethasoneBP, Neomycin BP and Monosulifiram.

I saw a vet a week ago and he gave me some paste to put on the soars but I'm
now getting really worried, the soars are better But the blue color is
getting black and the tip of the ears are hard and thick, I'm afraid of my
albino will loose!  that part of the ear.  Is there anything to do or does
anyone had/heard anything like it.  BIG warning: dont use Ortena!

Helen