From:
Helen Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:26:21 +0100
Hello

For the last few weeks my ferrets have had a bad time with earmites, the new
little guy Otto brought it in to our house.  To make a long story short..
The vet gave me a eardrops called Ortena after a few days use the ears
turned blue and my albino was worse off( looked like he dipped his ears in
blueberry jam) he also have soars in the outer part of the ears.  We went in
to the vet today and he was sure it was an reaction to the medicin also
considering I've been home three days checking up that they weren't
scratching their ears making them go blue and no biting, licking from the
others.  The vet couldn't tell why they reacted the way they did Anyone
having any experience about that ?  I now got some antiseptic paste to put
on the albino guys soar and to massage the ear.

Helen, Wilma, Tod, Hubert and Otto