From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:03:35 -0600
Dear FML,
I realized while reading introductions from other members, that I had just
leapt in here back in April of this year, asking for help, and receiving it
without properly introducing myself, and my ferrets.  I live in Minnesota
(a bad kill and test place) I am a 36 year old apartment manager /law
enforcement (police) student /owner of a struggling small business /mom
/wife /sober (11years) addict-alcoholic /pisces with a virgo rising (for you
atrology buffs).  How's that for a personal description.  About the wife
part... my (libra) with a pisces rising) husband and I are living together
again after a separation last April, and a reconcilliation last September.
We are legally divorced (Days of our lives here).  I have 2 children 10 and
14 years old.  My (scorpio) daughter is a swimmer (lettered in the 8th grade
no less!  o.k.  I'm bragging), my (cancer) son was a ferret in a former
life, he's ADHD and has severe allergy triggered asthma (he's not allergic
to ferrets, just dogs, and cats-sensitive respiratory system).  O.K.  that's
the humans.  My husband is a wonderful manic depressive, sober (11 years
too) alkie.  He's not human, but nobody can tell.

Now for the intersting part... I got my first ferret in March.  My brother
Daniel brought me this adorable sable ball of fur in a bird cage.  I didn't
know it then but she was too young, she still had her stiches, and didn't
have enough teeth to eat hard food.  He doesn't know much about ferrets,
just loves animals.  This little ferret is my Laweasel.  I subscribed to the
FML shortly after getting her.  I had been surfing the web desperately
trying to learn more about ferrets.  I fell in love with my first ferret
immediately, and I could see that I had alot to learn (I still do).  I have
always believed that anyone who can read can do anything, they just need to
find the right material to t to post about, but will wait until I finish
getting caught up to do so.  I am on winter break from school, and hope to
stay up to date on my FML reading next quarter.  I feel like the FML is my
extended ferret family.  Our local shelter mom "In The Company of Ferrets"
Laura aka Cuji is my ferret mom, just ask her... she had to have a little
talk with me a few days ago about my bad ferret diet!  I am a good kid, I
did what she advised.  I'll post about that later.

On the shelter topic... We are foster parents for a little girl named
Tibbits a.k.a. Lucrecia, Princess.  She is a pretty albino girl.  I will
find out if it's possible for me to be a foster mom, when it comes time to
let her go.  Right now I am in the process of *trying* (not too
successfully) not to fall in love with her.  I sponsered a couple of ferrets
for my (yuppie) mom and step-dad for a Christmas present.  I'd advise this
as a perfect last minute gift for anyone who can't figure out what to get
for people who already have too much.

O.K. enought for now, this was long sorry BIG.  I'll post (shorter) again
soon.

Dawn
P.S. Mcduff a.k.a. the curmudgeon is really a wonderful person, it's hard
to tell when reading his posts.  He really cares about ferrets, and has a
ton of experience.  He'll probably give me he!!  about saying that MN is a
kill and test state (but technically it still is).