From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 01:00:48 -0400
>From:    Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Keeping cool

Arizona taught me that you can never be too careful when it comes to hot
weather.  A favorite solution is filling litre soda bottles & freezing them.
You have 4 cool solutions in the space of 1.

>From:    Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Frontline

I used Frontline spray treatment last season with no ill effects to my
babies & it was very effective.  They have a 24-hour assistance line - (800)
660-1842.  Please post the info you get.

>From:    Amy Nahirny <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Dogs and ferrets
>I've been reading all theses notes about ferret/dog attacks and find them
>pretty ridiculous.  We must remember than "man" is an animal too.  And the
>human species being the one species that kills for pleasure.  I'm sure that
>"humans" attack/kill percentage is far higher than ferret and dog put
>together.  But then again, this is my opinion. :)

You find the death of another's pet & the pain of their loss rIdiculous?
This is your response to a fellow FMLer pouring out their heart mourning the
death of their beloved pet?

What's your point?  Because man can be an unjustified predator, does that
negate the fact that these tragedies involving dogs & ferrets can, have, &
will continue to happen if owners aren't aware of the possible danger.  I
don't think we have to worry too much about a human in our home or on the
street savagely attacking & ripping apart a ferret with their teeth.

Juliana - my opinions are my own & not necessarily those of the GDFA
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo