From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 22:36:53 -0400
I went to the show this weekend.  I was sad not to find my friends Alan
Moen, Bill Killian, and Bob Jacobs.  I'm sure all had better things to do.

It's hard to look at stuff with a ferret crawling all over you and *dying*
to get down and explore.  I saw a guy with a big male who looks just like my
Mithril (same color).  He said his was "sable cinnamon" which is the
conclusion I reached with Mithie.  There is a twist in that Mithie (and this
other) have a very white undercoat.  The same guy had a bunch of ferrets in
hammock slings around his neck.  I'm not sure how he convinced them that
they shouldn't try to jump down.  They just rode along in those bags like
the beastmaster.  Was it mind control?  Ferret bag guy are you on the list?

It was smaller than I expected.  We didn't stay long because we had to leave
two of our three in the car (no distemper documentation).  The highlight was
watching a boy "walk" his big tail-less albino hob around the place.
Actually, he was dragging while the ferret scooted along on his belly.
Ferrets without tails look like people in fur pants.

This is the first time I've gone out in public with a ferret and been
ignored.  A curious sensation...

I'm really bummed about Kodo and hoping along with everyone else for a
miracle.  I really don't have much sympathy for Karen Burns right now.  She
is in this position because of her own bureaucratic "by the books"
stupidity.  It's people like that who refuse to take the responsibility to
do the right thing on their own that RUIN the world for the rest of us.
Just think if all the soldiers everywhere in the world put down their
weapons and refused to fight a war...

Well, anyway, she's going to be the one responsible for Kodo's death and I
hope she sees his eyes every time she closes her eyes for the rest of her
life.  She deserves it.  And I didn't post anon to say it.  And you all can
go search the archives to see if ever in my prolific two years of posting I
have ever publicly called any individual on this list stupid.  She is making
her decision and she doesn't need our sympathy.  She has the Gods of
Bureaucracy to forgive her.

(No I do not issue death threats and no I cannot imagine contacting Karen
Burns to tell her something she already knows in her heart.)

-Catherine