From:
Tiana Guinard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 22:56:54 -0400
Hi all.  I just found a wildlife rehabilitation center near school to
volunteer at -- yay! -- and what's even better, they have 2 ferrets as
permanent residents for me to play with!  thank god, i didn't think i was
going to be able to stand my furry withdrawals much longer!!!  (i'm going
home to see my kids this friday, and i can't WAIT!!)

well anyway ... i was talking to the owner of the center, and her vet said
that ONE of the ferrets had an upper respiratory infection (sounds strange
to me, if one has it, shouldn't both?  i know that URIs are extremely
contagious in cats, not sure about ferrets ...).  The kid was on amoxi for
10 days and it did nothing.  The vet wanted to try some kind of drops next
(forgive me, i forget the name), but the owner did not because a friend of
hers told her she shouldn't do anything unless there is a yellow discharge,
which there is not, just a dry hacking cough and occasional gagging-type
sounds.  does anybody have any experience with this type of thing?  If you
do, please email me <[log in to unmask]>, i would love to try to help this
beautiful little blaze feel better.

Thanks! *Tiana.