From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:22:08 -0400
The FHL Files have all been moved to the new FHL site which we have had
for about two months (Try the search engine and you'll see.), so except
for us moderators, who need to stay to shut off the lights, there is no
reason to not unsubscribe from the OLD YAHOO FHL site.  Until people do
that they will automatically get reminders every two weeks or so from the
old Yahoo site about the new address.

The only things not moved are the non-medical "cute ferret" photos, so
before you sign off grab any of your's that you want and save them
elsewhere.  The presence of such photos on FHL pages is dependent on
space and time available; when we need those for health related things
to help save ferrets' lives you know what has to come first...

Here is how to unsubscribe from the old site

Here is the current site address:
and here is the FHL archives address:
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/

Please, see:
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=733
 --------

I regularly get invitations to join people's ferrets groups.  Usually
the people do not say who they are or what the focus of the group
will be.  Those I ignore.  If someone has one with an interesting
focus I think about it and sometimes join.  So, tip: if you are
sending out invitations to join a group let people know who in the
world you are and what your focus will be.  I suspect that failure by
group owners or moderators to consider that one detail is possibly
the greatest reason for low participation in such groups.
 ---------

What Roger said!

(One addition, though: ignorance is also the enemy.  It leads to ferrets
missing out on good veterinary care, avoidable pain, avoidable death,
some emergencies, not knowing when to ignore rumors or sensationalism,
etc.  Yes, sadly, ignorance doesn't exist just outside the ferret
community nor do those who prey on ignorance in ways that simply aren't
fair to ferrets or often to ferrets' human companions... One thing about
ignorance, though -- it's correctable!  We're all always learning with
ferrets so that just has to be accepted as part of having ferrets in the
family; it never stops and that is a good thing.)