From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 09:06:02 -0400
Corner litter pans:
I haven't had much luck with these, except with kits & small females.  I
think they feel more secure & comfortable with all 4 feet in the pan, & the
corner pans are too small for most adults.  I use the smallest size cat
litter pans.  They take up a little more room, but at least they're USED!

Acidophilus:
Thanks, Kelleen.  Someone else suggested acidophilus for ferrets with
digestive problems, but I couldn't find any documentation to support it or
dosage.

Food for the Finicky:
I've had an ongoing problem with a finicky older ferret who won't eat
anything but junk food.  We'd tried 8 different kinds of ferret food & he
turned up his nose at every one, so in desperation I called another shelter
operator who suggested a mixture of:

oatmeal banana or oatmeal rice baby food
kibble, crushed to a fine powder
a couple pumps of ferretone
a few drops of Pet Tinic liquid vitamins
1-2 scoops of KMR or PMR
water

Mix together & feed.  It looks disgusting, but it's becoming a popular treat
around my house!

The wedding:
I admit I've been resisting, but when I found this note written in sticky
little footprints on my desk, I HAD to send it on:

Deer Mom:
Ah knows an cain't spell too good 'cuz ah'm only 6 weeks old, but everyone's
all a-chuckle 'bout this weddin' thang & I wants to git inta it too!  I,
Mojo, am the most cutest little baby fert that ever done walked this here
earth & I think ah should be the ring bearer!  Kin ah, kin ah, purty pleese
with ferretone on top?

Luv Mojo

How 'bout it Rosie & Maxie?