From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:04:49 EDT
A kind FMLer sent me this meercat manor site that I know a number of you
will just have to see.  THANK YOU!

It is so comforting to see so many others in the US and England as
emotionally involved as some of us FMLers are.

Of interest.
1. There was not going to be another series of shows originally.  But
the emotional response was the strongest the producers had ever seen on
the Animal Planet.

2. The cameras are not on all the time.  No one actually KNOWS that
Shakespear died.  But it is presumed that this is what happened as he
was never seen again.

3. Big Sy died of TB, as I understand it.

4. Apparently, there is a different narrator in England for the show
than in the U.S.

5. Sometimes the meercats are marked with a dye to identify them..  So
the same meercat...like Shakespear...might have different markings at
different times.  Some chat on that on this site.

Here is what was sent to me. Again...thank you!!

Was poking around on animal planet like I do every day in Meerkat Manor
chat and thought you would like to read this.

<http://www.billnighy.info/2005/07/28/more-meerkat-manor/>

Scroll way down the posts 384, 395, 397, 399

In conclusion: You know why we might love this show.  It somewhat
humanizes these tiny animals that look so much like our ferrets.  The
babies look like whole ferrets with that precious round face that drives
me crazy.  The adults look like the average ferret with that kissable
weasel face.  And they play and make those cute noises like our babies.