Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:38:26 EST
Hi all.

I remember Sukie writing several times about ferrets coughing and heart
disease. Be sure to check for heart disease! That can cause coughing.

I had one that had asthma. No one smoked. I had no candles. I had no
hair sprays or powder cleaner I put in carpet. After many vets being
unable to help him, one vet suggested I use something for people with
aesthma. She had found it worked for a group of monkeys at a local zoo.

Danged if I can remember...a nebulizer? I think that was the name. I
put the ferret in a small carrier, put a bag around the carrier, put
the ferret in and then this hose in the carrier through the opening.
Wow. I am getting old. I cannot remember that there was much more to
it. But it worked!!!!! It cost maybe $50. The vets and tests had cost
me over $500.

But I think you should check out the heart first, if I remember Sukies
advice correctly.

Lisette