From:
Shea Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 09:12:57 EDT
I hope you all read this because it really is a sweet story.

Last weekend I made a friend online in Aurora, Colorado who sold me her old
ferret cage.  She had two ferrets, Morganna(?) and Merlyn.  She bought them
both at the same time because they were brother and sister.

Well, after having them for about a year she realized that Merlyn was
blind.  She found this out when he walked right into a wall ...... while
she was watching.  Then she began to notice that Merlyn rarely went
anywhere without Morganna.  They would walk around the house together,
Morganna chortling at Merlyn, and Merlyn obediently following her around.
They would play and wardance, but Morganna would "lead" him around the
house. :)

She had these two ferrets for 6 years when Morganna died of cancer.  Merlyn
lived only another year without his sister before he died.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with ferrets?  The idea
of a seeing-eye ferret is sad, but very sweet.  :)

Shea & Trixie