From:
"J. T. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 06:45:43 CDT
Hello everyone, I have been reading this post now for almost 2 months while
in preparation to adopt a ferret.  I was finally ready and brought Heidi,
a 2.5 year old female black sable home Friday.  I adopted her from Susan
Malone at Ferrets Unlimited Rescue of Tulsa after she was given up by a
lady whose husband was suddenly transferred to London.  She is the sweetest
little runt one could imagine.  I think she should be named Hidey...I have
heard most ferrets like to hide things, Hidey perfers to hide herself,
usually under some kind of blanket or dark cover.  The funniest antic I
have enjoyed to date is her joy on discovering a golf ball left by a
friend's dog we sat a year ago and left behind and forgotten.  Heidi rolled
that ball all over the apartment with her face for some time, at times the
ball nearly getting away from her, but dauntless the ferret forged on until
it was back in control.  I tried to clip her long nails this morning but
could not get her distracted by ferretone or anything else, ferretone
doesn't seem to impress her all that much.  She loves to chew on real
leather, is this all right?  I got her several cheweasels but she won't
even spare a passing glace at them.  I pray all your fuzzies are well and
if not that they return that way quickly!  Feel free to e-mail me at

J. T. Moore owned by Hideykins (no..I'm not under your covers...no)