From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:47:16 EST
>...I do NOT find Ed's request offensive in any way.  After all, isn't it
>the people on this list that are always requesting a necropsy be done on
>ferrets that have passed over the bridge under mysterious circumstances
>(such as Kevin's ferrets)?  Seems to be the same thing that Ed is
>requesting.

No, it is not the same thing at all.  When FML posters suggest a necropsy
be done of a ferret, they are suggesting that the deceased ferret is
examined by a professional who has the academic and professional
qualifications to examine the body.  No one with any intelligence on the
FML has ever suggested that the caregiver of a deceased ferret turn the
body over to someone lacking the appropriate academic and professional
credentials.  No one on the FML has ever suggested sending the body of a
deceased ferret to an unlicensed, unaccredited facility.  There is no
accredited ferret research institute at Ed's location.  The truth is it
just doesn't exist and is unlikely to ever exist outside of fantasy.

The request made by Ed was not only insensitive in the extreme, it was
illegal.  He is not licensed to receive dead bodies of any sort.  This
fact has been pointed out to him before, and yet he still persists in
making the request.