Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:47:41 EST
Hi Everyone,
I was thinking how it would be wonderful to find a list posting about dogs
too, where I could try and find a home for my wonderful Austrailian Shepard
Mix, Sophia.

Sophia is a wonderful friend to not only my ferrets, but my two cats and my
two Doberman Pinscher's.  She gets along great with children and adults.  I
would love to keep Sophia but as you can see we (my fiance and I) have our
hands full ...

You may wonder, why then did we obtain Sophia?  Well, we, being animal
lovers as you are, had NO choice.  We got to know some people whom we
thought were good people.  It turned out Sophia was being left outisde ALL
day (dawn til after dark) and then locked in a dark room at night then back
out again.  ...pulled into the room, pulled outside - no human contact.
She had no access to food or drink while in the room at night, and when
outside (whatever the weather) had water, and food IF the brother of this
person (he was the "owner - so "it wasn't her responsibility") brought some
over.  Sophia once went two weeks without food.  When we got her she was
very malnourished and scared.

Today Sophia is a happy, healthy and totally vacinated dog.  Sophia is
about 14 monthes old and loves affection and enjoys interaction with
anyone & everyone.

I would like to appeal to any animal lovers' in Michigan who have room in
their heart & home for my sweet Sophia.  I would keep her if I could but
with 2 other dogs, 2 cats, 5 ferrets, a hamster and a fish we are a very
crowded household.  I appreciate the use of this list to find an animal
lover in MI who could adopt Sophia.  She is such a good girl, I just want
her to have a happy, healthy & loving life.

Anyone interested in adopting Sophia can e-mail me, Tamara, at
"[log in to unmask]" or call me, Tamara, at (248)627-7376.  I work often
though so e-mail would be better or call Mon., Tues. & Thurs. after
8pmEST or Sat.-Sun. anytime.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to write or call.

By the way, I am located in southern Lapeer County just north of Oakland
County.  Also if you would like to call when I am not going to be here
feel free to call and ask for my fiance, Larry.

Sincerely,
Tamara N. Swart

[Moderator's note: OK, it's passable since the dog is known to get along
with ferrets and it's a subscriber's dog.  But postings that are just too
general (like "my friend's roomate's mother's boss saw a sign in a grocery
about cats needing a home" may be rejected for being too off-topic.  BIG]