From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 1995 10:39:45 CDT
I only have experience with really old ferrets and younger ferrets, I've
never had a "middle-aged" ferret.  At what age do they start to slow down?
Edith is approaching 3 years and she seems to be slowing down quite a bit.
She was never a really rambunctious one.  She is a very mellow red eyed
albino with really thick fur.  She plays with me but she doesn't really want
to play rough with her younger brothers and sisters much.  She is sleeping
more and sounder too.  I was thinking that it might be the change in seasons
- it is getting much warmer here and she has a very thick coat that she never
seems to shed.  Also, when she was just a baby she broke her arm and was in a
cast so she never really developed a lot of stamina.  Could she be suffering
from arthritis or rheumatism???  She is a healthy 2 lbs (she's gained .25 lbs
in the last month when everyone else is losing their winter fat.) A good
description for her I guess is "depressed" - she does the speed bump a lot
more, sleeps more, keeps to herself more... Is this normal for 3 years???
She gets a clean bill of health from the doc...  Charlene