From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 08:24:00 EDT
Diane Emery, my crew is like Rocket.  We give our dog dry food made by the
same company as one of the cat foods fed to the ferrets.  Ferrets like the
cat food, but LOVE the dog food.  We use it as an occasional treat and they
try to worm one out of us all the time.   The ingredients listed weren't too
different, so we called the company to find out what they did differently.
 They said the biggest taste difference would be that they put garlic in the
dog food.  People take garlic supplements for health reasons, it shouldn't
cause problems.  The powdered milk still contains the lactose that ferrets
can't digest, but in small amounts, it shouldn't cause problems.  BTW - What
you see Rocket doing when he jumps about is the famed war dance, dance of
joy, etc.  It's one of their endearing traits.  Ours have avoided many a
scolding because of it.

David Ellis, sounds like you had a close encounter of the ECE type.  It may
also be a demonstration of the persistent virus shedding from cured ferrets.
 I mention this because your story matches my "denial" theory.   I don't
mean denial that they were sick, just that the cause was ECE.   Thanks for
the time frame on weight gain.
   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Pharaoh Rudyenkamen III
   O__)  \ \___    King of de Nile