From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:08:43 -0400
This has probably been covered but here goes anyway.

A common symptom for adrenal problems is hair loss, usually starting at
the base of the tail.  This is right?

And maybe underneath the tail?  What about at the tip of the tail
underneath?  My Hawk, just over a year has a spot that is about the size
of a fifty cent piece & is bald, underneath at the tip of his tail.  I
just noticed it this morning.  The hair on top & down the sides is full &
intact.

He is aggressive towards some of the others but not all, but then he has
been this way from the start.  He will be picking on one & if I remove that
one he will find someone else.  Then there are those that he plays rough
with like his brother Gator.  So we have been thinking that either his
hormones are a little out of wack, or he is just plain nasty & always will
be.  He was neutered at either 8 or 9 months.  Gator, who earned his name
is a truly wonderful way, has mellowed out & doesn't act this way.  However
once Hawk has his victim screaming, Gator will join in & attack wherever
he can.

I've got about 3 girls that are possible adrenal surgeries, & one positive.
The one positive isn't aggressive with her cage mates at all.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels