From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 21:30:50 -0500
Cujo ran out of clavamox about 3 weeks ago, and baytril 2 weeks ago.
Yesterday I noticed he was getting a mass in the lower abdomen on the left
side again.  It is the cyst on his prostate, and it is accessing again.  I
called Dr Shaffer to get him more antibiotics, and he suggested we take him
to a vet closer to us than Dr Shaffer's clinic.

Two of the vets at this clinic were classmates of Dr Shaffer in vet school.
My wife took him up and they took about 1 and one-half cc of gunk out of
the cyst by needle aspiration and gave us more clavamox and baytril.  Cujo
is about the same, but at least the cyst is not getting bigger.  We'll see
what it feels like tomorrow, Sunday morning.

I'm really worried about Cujo.  The last go-around with this thing, about 2
months ago, Dr Shaffer opened him up and said the cyst is inoperable because
of its location.  When I pressed, he told us that Cujo's prognosis was
"guarded".  I know what that means.  We don't want Cujo to suffer.  But
losing Cujo will be very hard.  Day by day, we will watch.  We will do all
that can be done.  To all those who have offered encouragement in the past,
we thank you.

Just knowing that people around the world care like we do is comforting.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Charlie, Ag, Donna, Cujo, Bandit, Snowball and Valentine
To all those who have lost fuzzies, or who have sick fuzzies.....we
know how you feel.