From:
"Mr. & Mrs. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:36:21 -0500
Hello everyone,

I thought it would be time to see what everyone has been discussing on
ferrets :0)

I have just become a proud mama to two adorable kits.  They were born abt
26 of Sep and I bought them 20th of Nov.  I have a female who is Whiskey
and a male who is Harley (my little tyrant :0)).

Since I have got them Harley has doubled in size while Whiskey is very
petite-maybe runt of litter??  She is eating well at least it seems and
Harley can really pack it away.

Does this seem normal for the size of Whiskey?  I have been very nervous
and have read article upon article.  But I have not really come across
much on eating habits or appropriate size for them.

Harley has a bad habit of eating his blanket and chewing on a towel.  In
the past few days I had to confiscate a blanket that he chewed right threw
and today noticed his bedding chewed up in one section.  Than when I went
to get him from play room I caught him gnawing on corner of towel and when
I tried to get it away from him he started to "growl" and hiss and get
very aggressive.  I did the scruffing and said no firmly but had to
literally pry it away from him.  He just seems to get very aggressive and
am not sure what to do.  It seems the more I discipline the nastier he
gets.  I give all the good attention when he is good so it is not like I
am always correcting him or that he is being yelled at all the time.  He
plays with Whiskey but they both go at it but he will bully her when it
comes to eating.  Pushes her right out of the way!  and puts his whole
body over food dish.  no wonder why she may be petite!  I have to bring
her to cage before him just so I know she is eating.  When I give him a
treat it is like he is on a sugar high and starts "freaking out" on me.  I
thought maybe his chewing on clothe could be because his chew toy was on
it or the smell of the treat was on it.  But the towel was no near when I
gave him treat.  So I am not sure what to think.

I will not go on but I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar
situation.  I would welcome anyone's advice and thoughts.

Thank you for listening,

Donna