Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 13:19:41 -0800
Hi everyone.  Thanks for your advice on our crying kit, Rocky.  He has
settled down and now only cries once during the night when he wakes up
and wants to play.

Since we have had Rocky (about 3 weeks), his bum gets swollen after he
poops.  If he goes in his litter box, litter gets stuck to his bum and we
have to pull it off.  He is usually fine and back to normal about 15 minutes
after he goes.  Our vet says they are not sure what is causing this or what
it means.  We have given him two drops a day of a yellow liquid for two
weeks and are starting on our third.  The problem doesn't seem to be as bad
as it was at first but he still gets litter stuck in his bum and cries when
we pull it out.  His poop used to be runny but is getting more solid, the
vet said it wasn't runny enough to worry about it.

Has anyone had a problem similar to this or know what it is and its cause?
Also can anyone reccomend a good ferret vet in Phoenix?  I am currently
going to Arizona Ave Animal Clinic in Chandler, AZ.  They have done well
with giving them thier shots and checking them out, but I am concerned that
they might not be albe to catch what is wrong with Rocky.

Thanks in advance,
Patty,Jim, Bandit and Rocky
Chandler, AZ