From:
Chris Stephenson and Lynn Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:09:53 -0500
I saw your letter on the FML and thought I should write to tell you of my
experience.  My ferret Ferris began getting lethargic and losing weight in
the summer.  He had a spot on his back that would look like a scab and then
disappear and then come back a week or so later.  I do not know if it is an
blocked oil gland or what.  Then he began to lose control of his back end
but it did not happen all the time.  (He is also almost completely blind
from cataracts but it happened slowly and he is quite well adapted and gets
around the house with hardly any problem).

I was afraid it was adrenal or insulonoma.

I took him to the vet and we did a urine check which showed protein loss and
Ferris was about to go back for blood tests when I was made aware of an
alternative to surgery that was worth a try.

I found out about the Timmy's Tonic.  I managed to get some dispite a mail
strike up here in Canada and put Ferris on a special food called "wozzle
goo".  This is the invention of Randi Belair the founder of F.A.S.T.  up
here in Toronto but the key ingredient is Timmy's Tonic.  I weaned Ferris
from the goo to crushed up Muzuna0 ferret chow with the Timmy's Tonic and
Pet Tinic liquid vitamin mixed in.  I give this to him three times a day and
encourage the consumption by adding some ferretone.  I am also putting about
1/4 teaspoon of Timmy's in his water along with 5 drops of collodial silver
and changing the water every day.  I started out with pedialyte to keep him
from dehydration and am just finishing off the bottle now and will convert
him to regular water with the Timmys and Collodial silver.  His sister,
Meeka, also has access to the water bowl and that is ok because I am hoping
it will keep Ferris healthy and act as a preventative for her.

Ferris is doing great - it has been three weeks on this - he has complete
control of his legs and is back to his old self - the sore is gone and has
not returned.

You need to Emial
That is Gary Holowick - you see him post on the FML from time to time - he
has a lot of knowledge about ferret health and he sells the Timmy's.  I am
in Canada and a local shelter is going to import buckets from Gary so we can
get it up here without too much trouble.  I strongly urge you to try this
before you spend the money for invasive surgerical procedures.  It saved
Ferris.  Email me if you need more info - but Email Gary first and get the
stuff in the mail for Nikki.

[Moderator's note: Might have been meant as a private post, but of general
enough interest and non-personal, so not sure but no harm done... BIG]