From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 01:52:51 -0400
I do not personally have strong feelings in relation to either side,
and think that some on each side of the debate have mentioned very
worthwhile points but there has also been more than a bit of pettiness
on each side. I loved it when a constructive person suggested that
it is possible to work in some dialogue that could discourage casual
buyers who do not take needs like expensive ferret veterinary care
into account. That was my favorite post since it presented a solution.

There is one thing i want to add. We have a friend who is a horror
movie scream queen, writer, and producer. To finance film making,
which is her career preference, she got a degree in one of the high
paying financial fields. For a good many years she had to work that job
fulltime to support her other job. Filmmaking is costly and it is not
unusualfor people in the industry to have other employment as well.
That is a difficult and exhausting way to live and not all have the
stamina to do it. So, just because there are some in the movie industry
who do well financially never assume that is the norm because it is
more typical for the people to either live verymodestly or to work
other jobs at the same time or both.