From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:39:36 +0800
>From:    Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Celtic and Mystyx ADV testing-Reply
>Yes , I do. Ilsa was tested 3 times and is negative.

That is great - seriously.  And I hope she continues to test negative.
After about a year of negative status, ferrets from my ferretry have
started to test positive.

>>You said that you never hid the fact - but you never admitted it, either.
>
>Publicly, I can see why.Look at the rumours!

No - not posting honestly in the first place (ie "special needs" and not
"ADV positive") is what starts rumors.  Up front and honest never causes
problems.

>Everyone goes into a panic, embellishes, and exaggerates the truth.  When
>asked, private persons were told the whole truth.

Yikes!  I asked and got nasty e-mails!  So public person were not told the
truth?  Is there a differences between the truth and whole truth?

>You must be enjoying this "scandal" immensely and enjoy twisting the
>truth.

Why would I?  I just wanted Kathy to explain what all her posts meant.
Like why she advertised a ferret for what is was not.  And why she said
one was "special needs" and a month later planned on breeding it.

>Maybe we should invent crap based on one incident about you and your
>ferrets and spread it all over the internet too.

But don't you see .... that has already happened.  Believe me - I have
heard all sorts of things.

>How dare you!YOU CAN'T DENY THE FACT OF THE PAPERWORK SHOWING THEY ARE
>NEGATIVE!!!!

You can't deny that an ADV positive ferret was exposed to those negative
ferrets.

>I recently joined a web ring which she approved me in and let me use a
>graphic from.

Yes I did.  However - you STOLE the graphic and then later asked for
permission to use it.  Tell it like it is, please.

>I am removing that graphic.

That is not necessary.  I do not have a problem with you using it.  After
all - you asked and permission is granted.

>How can she promote me as a shelter on her ring, yet badmouth me publicly
>like this on an email list?

Badmouth you?  Please point out where I badmouthed you?  I never mentioned
you (I quoted Kathy's post which included your name).  I do not know you
from Adam, nor do I know much about your ferrets.  Except that you got
some from Kathy and what I have seen on your website(s).

>I am the ONLY person (you used plurals in your post)who she "loaned"
>her jills to.

See - because I did not know.  Please!  TEST often!  Do not think of the
negative ADV test as a safety net!  Ask Yvonne (as posted ont he ADV list)
as she has negative CEP ferrets with POSITIVE for antigens!  So the CEP
test was a FALSE NEGATIVE!  That or the ferrets do not have antibodies.

>Do you realised you could be sued for defamation of character?  If you
>continue with this, I WILL seek legal advice.You are warned.

For what?  Re-quoting public e-mail messages in a group and questioning it?
I never said "So and so have ADV".  Never.  I just said that at one point
there was an ADV positive ferret and to becareful!  Facts are not
defamation of character.

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms

[Moderator's note: OK, you've each had a rebuttal as well.  Subject
closed please.  BIG]