From:
Rachel Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 10:52:40 -0500
>In regards to your ferret FAQ, section 3.9 on toys....HARD >rubber toys are
not too good either. Small rubber balls, for >instance, eventually crack and
chunks come off (Gimzo used >to mutilate them after a while).

This made me remember a scary incident with my Ferret. I had given her a hard
rubber ball with a bell inside. It was about 2" in diameter, so I thought it
was safe. Well, she bit into it to carry it somewhere, and was not able to
open her mouth wide enough to get her teeth out to let go. I had to carve the
ball apart, which was not easy and took a long time, all the while afraid of
breaking her jaw. So I recommend strongly against any hard rubber objects for
our little friends.
Rachel