From:
Rachel Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 1994 09:28:19 -0500
Hi all,
re: most interesting items stolen, my little girl stole a former roommate's
size 13 (men's) Nike.
I see someone else's girl is Ferret Fawcett. Mine was Farrah Ferret. Last
week was 3 years since she went to Ferrets Fields in the Sky. I miss her but
it helps so much reading all your stories. I feel for all of you who have
recent losses. It's really hard. Her favorite thing to steal was peppermints.
I know now from reading here that I shouldn't have let her have so much.

I have some posthumous questions: I realize now that her hair loss (which
totally mystified me and our vet-I'm in an FFZ) was probably pancreatic
cancer or insulinoma. Did I contribute to the problem by giving her so many
sweets? I guess I feel a little guilty about being so ignorant. I wish I'd
had this FML when I had my girl.
Also, I remember that toward the end, her left eye was swollen, raw and
weepy, and her right eye had started to go the same way. She was nearly
blind, but still had to do her investigatory routine every day. When she
stopped her routine, that day was the day we decided to help her leave us.
She had fun right up to that last day. But what might have caused the eye
thing? Mestastasis? Something else?

Thanks,
RachelR and the Ferret (in spirit) from Martha's Vineyard