From:
"Charlene M Lowe (Charlene Lowe)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 15:41:18 -0600
We are re-doing our c.1906 house.  We have pretty much finished the upstairs
and are now starting on the living room.  We moved all of the furniture and
rugs out and ripped out the old ceiling.  We have not been able to work on
it much as our older ferret has taken ill and so have been spending much of
the time with her (she's hanging in there).  This 12x28' room is all
hardwood floors and it is completely cleared out except the new carpeting
rolled up and the rock propped against the wall waiting to be done.  WOW!
Who would have thought what an amusement park this turned out to be.  The
babies run as fast as they can and slide on their bellies across the room,
then they play chase in the tube of the rolled up carpet, then its hide &
seek behind the sheetrock only poking their heads out to lunge at your
ankle.  We have a remote control race car that we can now steer about the
room unhindered and everybody chases it.  The tires are rubber and Edith has
figured out how to gain on the car without her feet losing traction, then
she lunges at the tire and sinks her teeth in.  The wheels spin as she
relocates the vehicle to her own fancy.  Funniest thing you've ever seen!
We have used many an excuse to put off this nasty chore of hanging the
ceiling.  But finally we have a *good* excuse...  The ferrets are playing
now, we'll do it later :-)