Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:44:43 -0700
jacquie wrote:
>Thanks for pointing out all the weak spots to Fish & Game........I'm
>sure they appreciate your help so they know where to strengthen their
>borders

jacquie, I'd be *very* surprised to hear of even one DFG person that was
not already aware of the *weak spots*.  I've taken my ferrets from Nevada
into California and back several times.  I'm not so concerned by a check
point as I am about the *what ifs*.  What if I'm involved in an accident,
get pulled over for whatever reason, etc.  I plan for the *what ifs* by
having my name, address, several phone numbers of family/friends/vets
(including Calif.) to call and current vaccination records taped to the
carrier.  Also a *permission to treat* letter to any veterinarian in case
of an accident.  I don't advertise *ferrets on board* and drive sensibly.
I know the *weak spots* as does DFG.  Their priority is not stopping
someone to check if they have ferrets.  By posting this publicly, I've
not told any DFG warden something they don't already know.

Ardith