From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:14:30 -0500
For those who are interested, we were able to reunite the 2 auction ferrets
with their adrenal buddy.  All are happily residing in a temporary home,
awaiting surgery for the adrenal and spay for the little Princess, then a
recovery period, then will be needing a new home - all 3 together.  If
interested let me know.  We are in Kansas.

Well spring is here and I'll be the first to ask for help in spring clean
up.  I'd like to do a whole-house clean-up, walls, rugs, floors, cabinets,
everything.  Anyone want to come help?  The only day I have open is Sunday
(I work the other 6 days of the week).  I plan on DEEP CLEANING.  One point
of caution - we are ECE exposed.  It's o.k. if no one wants to help, I can
do it myself but I thought I'd ask anyway. ;-)  If anyone is interested and
is close to the NE area of Kansas, email me and I'll coordinate a Sunday
that will work for all of us.

Zipper and Ezzie had adrenal surgery on Tuesday.  Ezzies' left was removed
and the right and liver debulked (growth had gone into the liver).
Zipper's right was removed along with 3/4 of an inch of the vena cava.
Both girls are doing well.  Zipper is walking on her own, back feet are a
bit swollen which our vet said is expected because of setting up the new
blood flow (fortunately, 75% had already been flowing through a collateral
vein).  Both girls are eating recipe for me, but not kibble.

We too have a mystery virus going on, similar to Randy's.  Two have been up
and down with it.  Dexamethasone injections, baytril, amoxi, interfuron,
pepto, pepcid, slippery elm bark, echinacea, probiotics, amino acids,
electrolytes, hydrating as needed, recipe force feedings, and liquid
vitamins seem to be working to keep them stable.  But this is the second
month for us and each time I take them off the above, within a few days
they are down again.  The stools are cottage cheesy and green or watery
and seedy and yellow/tan.  Our vet found gram negative bacteria, no
helicobacter though.  It's got us stumped so we are providing the
supportive care.  We are certainly open to any suggestions.

My condolences to those who have lost a loved one.  Each little one takes
a piece of our heart with them when they leave, so that we may always be
together.

Warm hugs to all. tle