From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 07:51:23 -0400
SaraFerret,

This is a very special request I ask of you. I lost Barbara yesterday
morning. Barbara was not a ferret, she was my SKUNK.

About 2 1/2 years ago Barbara was re-homed to me from a women who was
a co-4H leader to my friend. My husband Keith knew I always wanted a
skunk since I was a little girl so he made arrangements for us to go
get her. When we got to the woman's house I asked where the skunk was
and was told she was under a pile of blankets. When she was uncovered I
saw a 22pound over stuffed pillow with legs. Barbara was only supposed
to be 5-7 pounds and after 2 1/2 years we got her to her propper weight
by feeding her the propper food. This woman was killing her with
kindness and feeding Barbara what ever she wanted which was JUNK food.
Barbara was 1 1/2 years old and should have been spayed at 6 months,
no she was too old for the surgery as it would stress her out to much.

Barbara loved to be held and would nead & drool all over my shoulder
when I held her while she snuggled with me. She also like our ferrets
and I would sometimes find one who snuck into the kitchen to sleep with
her in her bed. I was devistated when I found her yesterday morning
gone in her bed.

Could you please greet her for me and help her find where she is
supposed to be until I can come and get her? I miss her so much!

Please let her know that I did and do still love her and I'm sorry I
couldn't do better for her. She should be arriving with he red blankie.

Thank you Sara as I know she is not what you usually greet.

Sincerely,
Mommy Debi & daddy Keith