From:
Jennifer Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:18:13 -0800
Hi to all of my FML friends,

I just wanted to extend my gratitude and a big Thank You!  to everyone who
took the time to respond to my question of introducing my new baby Samantha
to my older girls Jasmine and Casey.  I was surprised to see how many
feel so much better now, and now realize that this is very normal and they
will probably all be the best of friends in a couple of weeks.  I'm also
going to put Sam in Jasmine and Casey's cage in the next week or so, instead
of keeping her separate.

Just an update for everyone as of today, Casey is still biting the heck out
of Sam's neck, but no blood is drawn and Sammy does "go back for more"
afterwards... but it's just so hard to hear her cry, and watch Casey clamp
down so hard on her neck!!  Jasmine already likes the baby and they sleep
together just fine... Casey is another story but I'm sure she will come
around.  I'll keep you all posted.

BTW, I really forgot how much fun it is to have a kit in the house!!  Sammy
is so little - only 3/4 of a pound, but a little ball of energy and she has
a constant nose for exploration.  The great news is that she is 100% litter
trained already (wow!!  :) and has just a fantastic personality.  I really
do think ferrets think like humans in some respects and have very different
personalities and traits like we do.  I see three distinct personalities in
my girls: Jasmine is rambunctious, the war-dancing "wild child" but also
very kissy and cuddly when she is sleepy, Casey is my pretty girl ("Ms.
Photogenic") --but more shy and skittish, loves to steal and hide
EVERYTHING, and likes to be held more than Jasmine, and Sammy is kinda
mellow but hyper at the same time, a very big kissy-girl who loves on
everyone!  I suspect Sam will turn out to be the "boss" over time, too.
Anyway, enough rambling for today-- just wanted to extend my thanks again.

P.S.  We also have a big extra-special thank you to our friends Bandit and
Kirby from Bangor, who sent us a wonderful greeting card from them on the
'Net!!!  That was so nice!  Jasmine, Casey and Sam say dook-dook (thank you)
too! :D

Jennifer, Jasmine, Casey and Samantha