Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:03:42 -0500
Someone asked about Duck Soup recipies and freezing.  The Duck Soup mix I
use is as follows: I make a blender full and freeze it in icecube trays.
Each cube is about the right size for one feeding of one ferret.  After the
cubes are frozen I pop them out and put them into freezer bags to prevent
freezer burn.

6 jars of baby meat - usually a mix of lamb, chicken and veal but
  sometimes beef
2 jars (large) of babyfood sweet potatoes. This is the ingrediant that
  makes it taste good to my ferret.
6 egg yolks seperated from the whites
~1/2 cup of olive oil
~1/2 cup of half/half (or use cream) too much milk protein gives them
diareha but the milk fat doesn't seem to.  This could be replaced with
ENsure or some other milk substitue or even water.  It only serves to
moisten stuff enough to go in the blender and prevent it getting too thick
when heated.

You could add any vitamin or mineral supplements of your choice to aid any
medical/health condition.

Blend, heat through to kill any bacteria (too much heat will make it too
solid though) and put into ice cube trays.  To serve just pop a cube into
the microwave on a defrost setting just long enough to begin melting.  Mix
well to get rid of hot spots and serve.

I use this as a once a day supplement to dry food (which is always
available) to boast weight on my free roaming ferret.  I doubled the amount
he got when he was found after being lost for nearly a week outside and lost
weight.  He was able to put the weight back on in only about a week.

Max