From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:19:25 EST
Hello everyone--

In the summer of 1988 I volunteered at a wildlife sanctuary in Dutchess
County, NY.  People occasionally dropped off ferrets and the staff person
in charge of adopting them out convinced me I should take one home (I had
never seen a ferret before).  So Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy was my first ferret--he
was perfect and got me addicted.

In 1994 someone at work told me about the FML and someone else helped me
find it.  At the time ferrets were illegal in Mass.  (which I didn't know
when I first brought Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy home).  Thanks to the FML, I found the
very first other ferret owners I ever met, some of whom lived right in the
same town(!) The FML was instrumental in helping people in Mass.  find each
other and get ferrets legalized.

I also had the great pleasure of meeting all the wonderful people who came
to the FML-10 reunion in Florida in 1/98.  I highly recommend attending the
2000 ferret get-together in Toronto--I know it will be a lot of fun!  I
think the FML is a fantastic group, and Bill does an incredible job of
keeping it going.

These are my current FLO members:
Harrybanana (sable, found wandering around Haverhill, Mass.)
Prince Charming (albino, alumnus of the FACT shelter)
Merlin the Maniac (DEW from a former breeder)
Princess Roxanne (sable with white knees, from the former Frisky Ferret
                  shelter)
Princess Petunia (tiny sable, adopted via Frisky Ferret shelter)
Epcot, (albino from S Fla Ferret Club/Rescue Operation SAFE, adopted at
        FML-10 and stowaway at WDW for a day)
Clover (albino from S Fla Ferret Club/Rescue Operation SAFE, arrived via
        Ferrets Across America)

--Ronnie DiComo in Framingham, Mass.