From:
Trish Gelvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:48:32 -0800
Hi!  I'm Trish, and currently am the servent of 5 ferrets who are dealing
with the effects of ECE.  It has been, ah, educational.

Alice was the first to show signs with *projectile* runs.  I didn't know
she had that much power out that end!  She had a day of being slightly
dehydrated, but is fine other than that.  She is a "waardensong"(sp???)
ferret, and lovably crazy.  Her funniest thing is being the Chola Jumping
Ferret.  You have to see it to understand.

Then big boy Ralph got the runs, and he lost a tiny bit of weight (it was
hard to tell, actually, cause he's so fat right now).  Ralph is my big
'plush toy' ferret.  He looks just like a very expensive plush toy.  And he
is a bit of a woose.  His favorite game is "tag." Both he and Alice are on
to the 'seedy stool' stage.

Then there is Ed, who had a loose stool or two.  He is just as playful as
ever, tho.  As is Trixie, who I call my wild little Mink.  She has been a
pain in the rump, because her favorite rough & tough playtime companion,
Lou, has been the hardest hit by this.

Poor Lou got the ulcers.  He is my 'albino boy' and my Indian Jones ferret.
Now, not only does he grind his teeth when I have to force feed him, but
anytime he is upset with me or anything else, he grinds his teeth as well.
He starts grinding as soon as he sees me with the syringe.  I didn't know
he could learn to use it as an expression of opinion, as well as direct
discomfort.

My heart just breaks everytime I have to give him his sub-q fluids or his
meds or force feed him.  I know I have to do this for his health, but I
just feel so, oh lordy.

I'm just depressed about it.  Anyway. . .

TLE, I don't know how you did (do) it, with your crew.  God bless you, dear
one.  Thank you for your help with Trixie; and thank you for being my
inspiration.

Trish & Crew (including the chola jumping ferret with projectile poos.)