From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:51:24 EDT
Thank you all who offered me advise and prayers during our diagnosis for
Mercury.  I have good news and bad news.  The good news is Mercury is doing
GREAT!  She is back to her normal self of eating and pooping.  It does not
seem that she has Juvenile Lymphoma because she is showing no signs of the
disease.  I have had her to two vets now and this is what we have found and
decided.

Both vets are pretty sure it is Lymphoma due to the mass they feel in
her abdomen, x-rays and an ultrasound ruled out an obstruction.  I have
discussed with both vets treatments such as chemo.  I have decided not to
do chemo.  the reason for this is because the side effects for this drug
are far worse than the disease itself.  I also had a friend die of cancer
recently and she suffered through this disease with remissions and relapses
only to curcum to the disease in the end.  I would not want to live my life
like that.  I have discussed this with both vets and they both agreed with
me.  I know that many of you on the FML will not agree with what I have
decided.  To those people I say Mercury is my child I will do for her what
I would want someone to do for me.  Please keep your negative comments to
yourselves.  This has been the hardest decision and I have thought about
it endlessly.  Until Mercury's day comes for her to meet the higher up we
will keep her as comfortable as we possibly can.  If she should need help
crossing the bridge that we will do.  She is my little sweet baby girl who
doesn't deserve this disease nor does she deserve to suffer.

Candi Gerritson