From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 18:15:51 -0700
Hello!

After reading the post on "arctic ferrets", I remembered this really cool
looking ferret at Thomlinsons.  She was a calico.  Her undercoat was a
creamy-white, and she had spots of orange, brown and black.  She was also
pretty big.  Well, bigger than my girls.  About 2 or 3 pounds.  The store
was selling this ferret at the same price as the sables: $120.00 I still
wish I would have bought her.  But then, I probably wouldn't have Meisha.

I posted this question once, but unfortunately did not receive an answer.
I am interested in adopting a ferret 5 pounds or larger.  Not just a fat
ferret, but a *BIG* baby.  Where would I find one that big?

Recently I have read concern regarding ferrets being desexed, descented and
sold at an all too early age.  Would anyone be interested in petitioning
(politely) the many farms requesting they wait an additional couple of
weeks before they perform the aformentioned acts?

Also, I think it is a wonderful idea in having people take ferret
caring/knowledge tests before adopting ferts.  That would be great if all
states required this.  (Another petition?)

Have a great weekend.

Lise and Domi, Meisha, Nonnie, Sully, Stacia and Dante