From:
Arthur & Melissa Swanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:57:41 -0700
You may remember a while back I told you all proudly of my first rescue...a
little girl named Daria.  Well Daria turned out to be a "D" and was renamed
Vampire Hunter D.....D passed away today.  He cried out from his cage and
looked at me....he had foam coming from his mouth and was in obvious pain.
I called my husband into the room as I lifted D's bed out of the cage....he
was so weak..I noticed earlier he wasnt up moving about much so I assumed
he was jsut tired..he was over 5 anyway.  But when I lifted his blankets
and saw he couldnt get up to go to the litter and that he had somehow faded
to just skin and bones in a matter of hours I knew he was gone.  He was
abused when I got him...and I knew he died in a safe environment....You
will be missed D...Kodo, Ethan, Shiva, Kokamo and Poto will all miss you
bossing them around.  And I will miss the little boy who loved to sit on
my lap eating peanut butter crunchies.  We love you.