From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:16:53 -0800
Hello to everyone and there fuzzies.  I have read before on the list
regarding a squeaky toy sometimes sending their ferret into a homicidal
frenzy..seemingly hating the noise.  Socks reacts very strongly to that
noise, but she looks frantic..searching everywhere to get to the noise, she
quickly will lay on my hand or arm and lick nervously and will hover over
the toy for a bit.  This particular toy does sound like a couple of kits
squeaking in unison..she does act rather protective of it whenever it is
squeaked or picked up..It is a fleece covered strip with a squeaker at both
ends ( a good sturdy dog toy)..I tell you what If she ever got out..all I
would have to do is use this toy..It looks like maternal behaviour..anyone
else ever experience this with their fuzzy?

Also, some toys are carried around to there prospective hidey holes, others
are tucked under their tummys and scooched backwards all over the floor, is
this one of those ferrret mysteries or is there a reason.  I mean Chandler
looks just a little to friendly with his little christmas moose.

Question/observation to breeders, First I dont want to offend anyone...I
just need someone to clarify something for me.

I have heard and read, some breeders say that they are not in it for the
money, that they barely break even..you risk the jills life and could
possibly lose the lives of some or all of the kits .  My question then is
why breed..with all the shelter ferrets we have, why perpetuate an already
large problem?..I mean if you are in it for the money..then that is one
thing.  Is it to put out show quality papered ferrets?  Or to put out
healthier pets than the ferret mills can produce?

Having listened to Judy I can hear and feel her compassion for her brood,
but (Judy) you mentioned not being in it for the money at the WSFA meeting,
not wanting to sound flip or rude, I did want to ask you why it is you
breed.  I just need help understanding, I have no soap box just curious.

Thanks,
June, Chandler, It's MY moose...anyway, it feels good: Socks, PLEASEEEE
make it stop..squeak squeak squeak.. :)~