From:
Diane Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:43:36 -0600
Hi all.  A few weeks back, I posted about Rocket's hair loss.  (he is 3.5 yr
old, MF neutered and descented, otherwise healthy and happy) I have been
giving him moisturizing baths, conditioners, ferretone, etc and his coat
feels SOOOO much better.  He is quite the little fluffball now.  He has been
into the vet and she feels that the hairloss isnt what she normally sees
with an adrenal tumor (although several other people have said that what
Rocket has IS similar to what their adrenal ferrets have had...) We started
daily scrubbing with an antifungal/antibacterial cream in case of some sort
of follicle infection.  I have also just noticed (under very close
inspection) that Rocket's tail has a red waxy deposit on it.  According to
ferret central, this can also be associated with hair loss.  Suggests a
shampoo with benzoil peroxide in it.  Have any of your ferts experienced
this problem?  (waxy buildup?) Also, if the hair loss clears up can I assume
that it WASNT an adrenal tumor?  Or can adrenal hair loss come and go??
Thanks for the continued assistance!

Diane

"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to"