From:
Diane Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:43:21 -0600
Hi all.  I am sad to report that I think Rocket has an adrenal tumor.  He is
3 1/2 yrs old, neutered, descented, MF ferret.  I have emailed Dr. Williams
(thankyou Dr Williams :) ), spoken with my own vet, and have an appointment
at the end of the month for him for a complete exam (he just had one 2
months ago and was perfectly fine...this has been rather sudden).
Basically, he is completely healthy accept for a 2-3 inch semi-hairless spot
on his spine between his hind legs.  Have started moisturizing baths, coat
conditioners, daily ferretone, etc to see if it is due to poor
nutrition/coat quality but I doubt it is (he's on Iams kitten food with the
occasional raisin, taste of peanutbutter, etc) I have found 1 flea on him in
the last three weeks but I dont think it is flea related.  I would really
like it if you guys could give me some possitive, upbeat stories on how well
your carpet sharks have done after this surgery :) How long is the recovery
period?  Any special post op care?  How long do they live post surgery??  I
hope he doesnt have a tumor, but I think it looks like he does.  Thanks for
your input!

Diane

"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to"