From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 02:34:31 -0400
I posted to the FML the other day when Kodo was sentenced, just before the
Supreme Court stepped in, thinking he had been gone already.  For those of
you who missed that post, this is my little way of offering a tribute to
Kodo.  It generates no dollars, it saves no ferrets, and it cannot bring
Kodo back.  But I needed to grieve in my own way.

I just moved into a new house in a new town.  After hearing that Kodo was
gone (which wasn't true at the time, but now after regenerating excessive
hope our fears have come true) I decided to plant a garden for Kodo.  It
consists of a big heart of tiny white flowers, the heart is outlined with
red begonias, and the remainder of the garden, surrounding the heart, is
blue petunias.  The heart is to signify the hearts of the thousands of Kodo
supporters that he now will live in forever.  Since I planted it, it was
wilted and I thought the garden, too, was going to die.  Today, after Kodo
was so horribly taken from his owners without even being allowed to give one
last "I love you" kiss, the garden suddenly perked up.  At first I thought
how horrible, but then I realized it was because finally the nightmare is
over for Kodo.  No more bars, no more long days without his Mommy and Daddy.
No more mean AC people glaring at him and wishing him dead already.  No more
mean people putting Bob's personal life under scrutiny in the papers.  Kodo
is now over the Rainbow Bridge, and although he misses Bob and Kitty, he can
finally stretch his legs and hop and frolic and dook to his heart's content.
That is the only good that has come of this, which is sad.  We really need
to commit to changing the laws, so something very good can come of something
so very bad.

As far as the auction and altering web pages, I want to help with both.  I
am working on the details of what to donate to the auction, but it will be
at least two prints that my sister painted.  More details will come in a day
or two.  I also *think* I might be able to fenagle (sp??) a third special
item to donate, but I must get permission first, so I won't say any more.

Finally, I will most certainly do something on my website for Kodo, but
unfortunately I am leaving for Virginia Beach and won't be able to do
anything for a few days.  I am taking my computer on vacation (much to the
angst of my family and fiance!!) so I will still be able to get my e-mail
should anyone need to reach me.  I really don't feel like going on a
vacation at the moment, anyway.

Kodo, bless your heart.  More tears have fallen in your honor than probably
any living creature that ever walked this earth.  Too bad it doesn't do a
damn thing to bring you back to us all.  We love you now and forever.

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady