From:
Kevin Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 14:33:36 -0400
Our ferret business has grown from a single MF ferret to a business of seven
rather quickly.  After the first, the only other one we really bought was a
lovely little Panda (now a black eyed white) that came from the ferret farm
here in Georgia.  The rest were saves that have come our way in ones and
twos.  With a lot of work we have gotten all of them to be a healthly
business.

Thursday evening we let them out in the ferret suite to play.  We spent a
few minutes handling each of them, giving them water, and their normal TLC.
At about 10:00pm our 19 year old retarded daughter leslie (ferret keeper)
came in all excited.  When we got to the ferret suite we found Caroline our
18 month old petite sable dead on the floor.  It would appear that she had
crawled under the hutch and died instantly.  No marks on the body, we tried
to inflate her lungs and there were no obstructions.  I have checked all the
stool and found nothing out of the ordinary.  The suite has been cleaned as
well as there cages.  We have sent her body to UofGA Medical School for an
autopsie.  The loss has been sudden and hard for all of us.  Her sister
Lilly (Albino) is still looking for her sister..

Any thoughts, would be appreciated.  .   .

We have all been checking on the ferrets every chance we get.

Harry (Me that one who did not want them, but I am taking it the worst)
Kevin (son that brought us ferrets)
Zora (Mom, that cuts the nails, feeds veribite and brushes them)
Leslie (spends hours with them on her shoulder, rocking them and talking
        to them)
Amity - Leslie's silver ferret that will let her do anything with her
Butt-Head - Sable and king of the business
Dameon - Big Albino with summer yellow
Eddie - Oldest ferret brown sable with an out of proportion body but, the
heart of a giant. (We almost lost him as he was so mistaken care of)
Lilly - Albino who misses her sister
Ling-Ling - our black eyed white with such a personality

Caroline - Kudo and the no named ferrets that await us at the Rainbow Bridge