From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 20:31:58 -0500
Zen wrote:
>This is easily accomplished with or without the internet.  The American
>Ferret Association welcomes calls about referrals to breeders or shelters.
>They have done this for several years.  If breeders want to be known by the
>AFA they need to talk to them.  They have two shelters listed in Missouri
>Ferret Referral Service
>Director: Leah & Jim Harrington
>Jennings, MO (314) 382-6327

Thanks for the advice.  Jennings is in the St. Louis metro area, although
north of us.

I guess my point was that if you are a first time ferret buyer, how do you
know that anything like the American Ferret Association exists, or has
useful information?  For a national organization which seems to be involved
in lots of useful activities, they aren't very visible on our local level.
I know the answer is to volunteer, but right now neither one of us has time!
(Ah, if we only had 48 hour days.  .  .)

Dooks to all your ferrets!

Sara and Kurt Petersen