Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:58:42 -0800
Vesna Kovach wrote:
>As an experiment, when we replaced the tube, thought we'd splurge on the
>Shephard & Green tube.  What a difference!  After two years, the tube is
>completely intact!  It costs more up front, but then you save...

Hmmm...you're lucky!  <G> My Shephard & Green tube lasted a total of 2
months!!  My ferrets are still using it but it's now got many, many holes
and tears in it (I watch to make sure no pieces get ripped away that could
be eaten) and a section about 3' in from one end has been "sprung", the
plastic torn between the wire coils for about a foot or so just leaving the
plastic-coated wire with nothing in between.  (I've been meaning to borrow
some wire cutters from my dad to cut this end off.)

Several shelters wrote to me a little while back when I posted about
wanting a cheaper clear tube, and a number wrote back.  There's several
places that sell them for $12-16, some include s/h, others don't.  Anyway
that's what I'm going to do once I have the spare funds to get a new one!

(WA-state) Megan & 5 tube-destroyin' fuzzbutts