From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 05:31:19 -0500
Everyone should know that the overwealming vote for my unnamed kit is
"Lady Noir."  18 emails liked that one, and even offered suggestions for
my fractured French speaking style to pronouce it correctly (which has no
realistic bearing on if I will actually do so).  The deciding vote came
from Pam Greene, and since she is one of my heros, it became so.

I have a new earring.  It is called "BB," one of the ferts I am transporting
somewhere.  I call him BB because its better than most other words I come
up with when he is being rotten, and he is yet to be offically named.  He
has lately discovered my right ear lobe, and has marked it well.  Do you
know how embarrasing it is to try and explain to your compadres at school
that the hickies on your ear come from a mite of a ferret and not someone
special?  Rotten kid.  I do sort of feel sorry for him, from time to time.
Carbone has decided BB is his personal toy, and drags him everywhere.
Doesn't bite him nor fight, just drags.  BB has one little temper, and
barks at the top of his voice, so I scurry in to make sure nothing is being
rendered (looks bad if I deliver 3/4rds of a ferret), but is is just BB
ticked off because Carbone is dragging him around.  I had to but Carbone in
his own room to break things up.  Geeesh!

Lady Noir is so much like Jet that I call her Jet half the time.  Sort of
leaves me blue, but I wouldn't give her up for anything.  Lately, Lady Noir
has taken to running up my legs, which got me back into blue jeans long
before the snows came, that's for sure!  Whatta girl!

G.W. finally lost the scab off his back and is regrowing his fur.  The guy
is a waterhound, and will swim for hours.  Ok, for minutes, but it seems
like hours when he is the last guy in the pool.  I think he will be a major
lap ferret as he gets older.

Silly takes after his name.  He was sleeping with Foster today and it was
hard to tell where one feret stoped and the other began.  They are sleeping
buddies, but that changes when the mice are being passed out.  Then its
every ferret for themselves.

Foster is doing better, and we took him off the lasix today.  He must have
lost almost a pound in the last week, which we figure was mostly water.  He
still has nasty runs, but Sukie's tip was very helpful.  (Thanks!) It looks
like I will be able to leave on my trip on schedule.

It looks as if I will be leaving Sept. 8th.  I will have three passengers
for the outbound trip.  I am planning to be in the Portland area on Sept.
12 for something or other going on there.  Then a quick trip down to SD, LA,
and Berkeley, and a return.  Yes, the inital stop in Portland is out of my
way, but I was promised a stale taco, and I couldn't resist.  I will be in
the Portland-Seattle area for about 1-2 weeks.

Then its a quick stop in Vancouver, a few days in Edmundton, a few more
days in Calgary, down to Bozeman, Montana, then Laramie Wyoming, Denver,
Colorado, and home.  A week or two of rest, then up to the Peabody and the
Carnigie.  I just might survive these road trips after all.

Bob C and 22 MO Ear Piercing Carpet Sharks