From:
Melinda Nelson-Hurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 18:34:40 -0400
>Kibble.  We all know its not so great, but what is the alternative?  Glad
>you asked, because I'm busting a gut to tell you.  First of all, kibble
>isn't great, but guess what?  Its really not all that bad either...
>In exactly what way is eating raw meat different from eating kibble made
>from ground-up or dehydrated raw meat?  Like jello, there is no difference--
>animal meat is animal meat-- regardless if it is a fresh chick carcass or
>ground-up and dehydrated chicken parts....

So what do you suggest for diet instead of kibble?  I am a vegetarian,
however, I know that meat is essential for my cat and ferrets.  I don't
understand why you recommend raw meat, what about E Coli and other bacteria
that is often in uncooked meat bought in the store?  I wouldn't be able to
bring myself to give them live food, and I don't think they would eat it
anyway, they are very picky.

Melinda