From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:35:18 -0700
When last we read....Wolfy had Christianaferret leaving the home of her
new-found friend and heading back into the woods.  The Story was passed
to October Pawlik and Mella Midnight.  They wrote:

As she was trotting through the woods, thinking up questions to ask her
treasured box, a thought came to her head, what if I truly hurt the Dook,
and then I just ran away, I should at least make sure that the Dook is
alright, maybe even make some apologies.

She thought about it more and more, and realized, that if she went back
in the clothes she's wearing, they'll recognize it was her who ran away,
and lock her in a cage forever.  As she was frolicking along, hoping to
find her way home, she almost hopped right into the Ferretone Lake.  She
immediately stopped herself and realized that this was one of the places
she always wanted to see.  She snapped out of her daze, and looked at
herself in the lakes reflection, and realized, she looked like a common
ferret.

What she didn't know, is that the Ferretone Lake was part of the Dook?s
Dookdom.  And she didn't know, that the Dook was on his morning stroll
and saw her from a distance.  When he saw a common ferret at his lake,
he hid behind a tree, curious, to why a common ferret would dare to
trespass.

And then, he noticed the box.  How could a common ferret have something
so beautiful, she must have stolen it.  As he made this realization, he
pounced out from behind the tree, straight at her.  As he made his made
his jump, he miscalculated the distance, and fell in the lake.

Christianaferret looked up in surprise.  She hadn't seen the Dook hiding,
and thought it was a attacker of some sort, and before she knew she had
it in her, she screamed louder than she knew she could.  Immediately,
the Dookdom?s guards came running in search of the terrified scream.
What they saw amazed them.  A dirty muddy oiled ferret bathing in the
Ferretone Lake, and a common ferret, who had obviously stolen a treasure,
the box.

The guards immediately arrested both ferrets...

To be continued.