From:
Balazs Gasparin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:52:03 +0200
We are the Hungarian Ferret Club non-profit organization.
Homepage: http://www.mvk.hu
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

We've started rescuing ferrets in march 2005 (1/2 year ago), in Hungary,
Europe.

We have 9 temporary residents in our homes.
We have 3 permanent residents.

The temporary homes have 4+3+3 own ferrets.
We've found homes for 4 ferrets until now.

Fortunately there weren't big vet bills until now - most ferrets only
needed to be altered, to get their vaccination, and get a treatment for
mites, and fleas.  We've had one ferret with Gastrointestinal Problems.

Wish list: Temporary homes for the rescued ferrets (we've had to refuse
2 ferrets recently (with no health problems) because we couldn't place
them, we function at almost 200% of our capacity), money for paying the
vaccination and the neuter/spay.  These costs are paid back when the
ferret finds a permanent home, but vet bills must be paid at the time of
the visit, and the current treatments are paid from money borrowed from
the temporary homes.

Gasparin Balazs
Hungarian Ferret Club / Magyar Vadaszgoreny Klub
http://www.mvk.hu, [log in to unmask]
Budapest, Hungary