Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 11:56:11 -0600
In getting all the details ready for my new little roommate, I had a
thought..  (Scary, I know!)

  I moved into my apartment at the beginning of summer, and I still have
a couple big boxes that I need to take down to my parents for storage.

  However, knowing how much ferrets love to dig, I was thinking of
putting it in my room as a sand box.  (I have a big space on the wall
that is just waiting for the right thing!)

  1.)  My ferret would chew through the cardboard...  Therefore, I would
only be able to allow him/her to play when I was around.  Other wise, I
would have to keep my bedroom closed.  Would it be worth the hassle?  or
would the ferret most likely only play with it a couple of times?

  2.)  Is any type of play sand safe for ferrets?

  3.)  How high would the sides have to be to keep the sand in?

  4.)  Is there a way to do it where the ferret could get in & out without
the sand going in and out?

  I realize this could be one of the dumbest ideas I have had, but I
figured it couldn't hurt to try!  (Worst case, I get a bunch of sand all
over the place!)  :^>

-Jeff