From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:27:52 -0500
Yesterday was a fun day here.  It was chop, grind & cook chicken time.

Albertsons had a sale .29 per pound, chicken leg quarters.  Bought 40
pounds.  It usually doesn't take me too long to do all of this but because
of all the talk about raw chicken, I decided to grind it all raw & then
cook half of it.  I have a good grinder & have had very little problems
with it, ..... until yesterday.  It doesn't like raw chicken.

Ok the chicken is all chopped up, bones chopped & split with the meat
cleaver, fragments of bone & meat & pieces of blood decorate my hair,
face, arms, shirt, the floor & counter & I am all set to grind it up.

You think it is hard to get a ferret to eat raw chicken for the first time?
Darn meat grinder kept jamming up, just like it was clamping it's little
jaws shut like a steel trap.  "You want to put that where?  You want me to
do what with it?  Uh uh.  Nope.  Ain't gonna do it.  Can't make me.  Think
again."

Ok I'll just force it & it will recognize it as food & want it.  Grind,
grind, stop.  Punch in reverse, & then start over.  Grind, grind, stop.
Reverse, go, grind, grind stop.  Ahhhh!  I'll sweet talk it & maybe that
will work.  You dang blasted #$@^&%+@!  why do you keep jamming up you

Grab the meat cleaver & chop up into smaller chicken pieces & try again.
Grind, grind, stop.  #@!$#%!!^ dadgum ^&%(*$%!

An hour of this, driving me crazy.  Chop into even smaller pieces, I keep
this up I'm not going to need the meat grinder, it's nearly mush now, &
feed one at a time.  Hmm.  New attitude.  "Yummy this is good.  Gimme more
of it!"

Well lets dish some up & watch the kids dive into it.  Big boys are out so
they get the treat.  Twenty four little feet hurry over, 6 little noses
sniffing the air.  Set down dishes, 6 noses smell the meat & 24 little feet
hurry away.  % $!#@!*&  So it got mixed with cooked chicken.

Where in the heck can I find some big grasshoppers this time of year?  I
know I don't have to grind them up!

Lynn & Clan War Weasels