"caride:First caride:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:44:33 -0000
The other day I got to thinking, and did some resurch into Ferrets eye
sight.  Some people here my already know this, for the one's that don't,
Ferrets have extreamly poor vision to begin with.  They have no depth
perception at all.  This is why if they are playing on the coffee table
they will just walk right off the end, They don't know the ground is so far
away.  Ferrets as a whole rely not on their sight but their other sinces.
After all they are a burrowing animal and What does 20/20 vision do if you
spend the majority of your time in the dark.

Now onto Grace, We decided to try to come up with a fun toy that She would
be able to play with.  (Yes Christine Grace is a She) We were told she was
alowed to play with Plastic bags.  Of course we would never take the risk
of any of our fuzzies chewing off a piece of the plastic and swallowing it.
So we made her a pillow, doubble stitching the seems and stuffed it with
plastic grocery bags then sealed it and made another stitching all the way
around the pillow.  She loves it, in fact she pulled it into her kennel and
sleeps under it.  I'm not sure how well it's going to wash, but the fabric
was donated to us, so we can make another one for her if this one does not
make it through the laundry.

Gentel Ben's Mom, Can you please contact me off list with your address.  As
I have asked People to donate $5 or $10 dallors each to help pay for Ben's
surgery I myself will also be doing so.  Come on People $5 dallors is not
too much to ask and if enough people send in $5 then We can team togather
and help pay for his much needed Surgery!!

Trish
Dawning Sky Ferrets
http://home.earthlink.net/~caride
ICQ 8518840